www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 5 Discussion Questions

Go down 
+38
Elmedes223
CHRISTYINALOVE3
y3l3nny
la nenaaa : )
njg094
yini809
Mamadou-Bah
ricardo
mdejesus013
Dameiby1
bebaaa =)
karla_hearts
LG630
alex9423
SCollazo970
IT IR IE V IE IR
suqarkissesx0
kiko345
JN3
qenesis
Euris
J|Manny413
ESJ9384
Morzat la Para12
ShapSaysHi
iKICKYOUSOFT
greenrub
dr809Rp
AmbiorixR
Jma986
lianny=]
Ben_Rivera
enunez758
JD
DTejada790
MSantos
Max713
rob1soul
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AmbiorixR

Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:44 am

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
- The animals had to make farm wrk to finish up on Napoleons needs.
Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
- The animals were terrified because he is always interrupting their meetings.
Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
- Snowball is a good interpreter for all the animals, he allows them to express themselves, through him towards Napoleon.
Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
- Snowball and Napoleon were against each other because Napoleon has a mind set f being a dictator and ruling these animals. On the other hand Snowball wants a little freedom for the animals, and even respect towards his feelings.
How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
- Mollie, in the beginning was a burden when I came to going to work.
Are the animals well educated?
- I dont think the animals are educated, they can not think for them selves and need help to guiding for hats right, for their lives.
How was Snowball a bad influence?
- Snowball is smart and demanding, but for the animals, if they follow him, they will be hurt by disappointment later on, by Napoleon.
Back to top Go down
enunez758

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:45 am

Molly was always late to her shift and didnt like what she was doing. She was also stubborn while doing her work
Back to top Go down
enunez758

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:47 am

yes i do think that the animals should of comforted molly because sometimes the animals make a person feel better than what they were feeling before
Back to top Go down
dr809Rp

dr809Rp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:19 am

1.the animals symbolized the all the politicians.
2. they were terrified of how life would be without the pigs.
3. no he only knows how to control words.
4. these two are against each other because of their different view point.
6. the animals are animals, they do what helps them survive.
7. Snowball was a bad influence because he was a persuasive talker.
8. the decide the rules because they are considered the smartest out of all animals.
9. this idea was rejected because of the way this idea was presented, it showed no benefits.
10. i think this idea was proposed to the farm only to solve the debate, but poor representation made it impossible.
11. The only reason animals respect him is because he earned it all. Napoleon gathered and raised up hiks own respect.
Back to top Go down
greenrub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:22 am

According to my understanding it looks like my weekend is ruined due to the fact that I have to go to have my parents sign this sheet that says how I am doing in my English class and when my parents see how horrible I am doing I will not be able to go to the concert on Friday that I have been looking forward to for the past six weeks. I have no one to blame but myself and i take full responsibility for my cruel and unjust actions.
On with the quiz.javascript:emoticonp('Crying or Very sad')
Napoleon's rules and regulations along with the other farm animals is described in there seven commandments. They read:
1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.

The animals on the farm were terrified because Mollie, after being accused of letting a human stroke her nose, disappeared after three days.
By Ruben Cardona aka greenrub
Back to top Go down
iKICKYOUSOFT

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:23 am

rob1soul wrote:

The animals on the farm were terrified because they relied on the pigs for all their answers and when the pigs weren't there for them, they freaked.

I Think the book makes snowball not sound as smart as he is because the plans that he comes up with are to simple and vague.

I think Snowball and Napoleon because they both want to become the leaders of the Animal famr but they have different perspectives.

Mollie felt that the humans were treating here better then the other animals so she left to the other farm next to the now obscure "Animal Farm".

I don't believe the animals are well Educated because they believe anything that their leader says like what the Mayor said before his died where he had a dream that animals took over the world so they tried to make that dream reality after his death.

Snowball was a bad influence because I think he made the wrong choices throughout the sorry s a Leader.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
I think only the pigs decide the rules because of there wisdom of doing nothing and watching life pass by and learning from others while they lay and stare in the distance and they are also the ones to decide the rules because they are too fat to do any other job.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
I think Napoleon was respected by all the other animals because he was old and wise compared to him and his plans and decisions are very influential to the other animals of the farm

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
The animals that didn't do there jobs were the pigs.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
I think Mollie rather have been taken by the humans because like she said at the start of the book, she didn't care much about the Animals taking over the farm and that the humans did no harm and treated the animals better then any other living thing so she left.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
No, I think that it would make Mollie a hypocrite if she went to the the Animal farm.

Back to top Go down
ShapSaysHi

PostSubject: Animal Farm Chapter 5   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:23 am

they needed to increase food production

9 enormous dogs decided to be a guests at the barn chasing and practically almost eating snowball

i do not believe snowball is as smart s they sound

one thinks the windmill is a good idea the other hates the idea of a windmill.

she was flustered because she was being blamed for something she claims she did not do or allow to happen

they are more educated then they should be but they always make the wrong decisions, so they are not educated enough.

napoleon thought logically of what could be the outcomes of any decision they have to make while snowball just did what the animals wanted to hear for his own benefit.

it is said that pigs are smarter then any other animal. i believe it is a good choice but they should have some advice before using their power to their advantage

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
the windmill could cause many problems for them , especially taking heir time when they can be doing food production to help them survive.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
no i do not believe it was the right way to solve the debate because it could risk their survival.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
i believe he gets so much respect because he uses his mind to think logically about the ideas put on the table before just saying the answer for all of them.

Mollie

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
Mollie likes the idea of being taken care of by humans because she doesn't like the life of the wild. she rather have a nice warm home and food given in front of her face ever morning.

no because she made the decision to leave. she didn't agree to their conditions and made her own choice.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
well i was not expecting it from him

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
it was extreme because no one would have thought he would go so far, but it was for a good cause

Is snowball's plan too far away to reach?
no he could do it with just a snap of a finger with everyones support including napoleons change of heart.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good or bad for the animals?
he has a brighter and out looking mind that thinks outside the box but in a respectful safe way for the animals of the barn.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership.
i believe all the animas that denied the windmill would benefit the most from napoleons leadership

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
i don't believe she was a traitor she just didn't see forth with their ideals, it wasn't what she agreed to.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?
yes because they are taking care of the other animals and making sure they have food to survive

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?
Mollie wanted the humans to be happy

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?
they more disagreed with each other trying to get more power then the other

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?
i believe the animals because us humans are more violent when it comes to arguments on things such as this

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?
no because it won't benefit our survival

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?
i feel i relate most to

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?
she didnt want to be found as a traitor

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea?
it lowered their chance of food production and survival

What role did the pigeons play?
Back to top Go down
Morzat la Para12

PostSubject: Francis Vargas   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:24 am

-They had to fight for they believed was right for them.
-Everyone though the humans were not going to let them put their plan to action.
-Yes because the snowball gave them more hope and though they should had not give up.
-They did not agree on the same thing which made them enemy.
-She feels sad and depressed and trouble some.
-Yes, they are also very smart animals.
-No, in fact they though he was a role model.
-The pigs decide the rule because they are consider to be smart.
-They rejected his idea because they though it was not a very thing to do.
Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
-Yes, because it helped solve the problem.
-Because he helps them and is consider a leader.
-The pigs.
-She rather have freedom to do what she wants.
-No, because she might tell all the humans
-Yes it took me by surprised.
-I believe he was a great leader.
Back to top Go down
ESJ9384

PostSubject: Answers   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:24 am

The animals had to free themselves from the grasp of the farmers. They have to start a revolution in which animals’ rule, so the animals can rule with freedom and justice

The animals were terrified that the Mr. Jones and the workers were going to kill them and that they were going to die soon.

No I don’t believe Snowball is as smart as they make him sound in the book. He is however bright but some of his ideas only apply to the animals he is talking, to not everyone. He is just brighter than most animals in the farm.

I believe they are again each other because of their different mindsets. Napoleon believes that the animals should live and die for their farm, that they should fight but he should stay and coward. Snowball however puts his concerns in his animals as a team; he cares for all of them

I believe the animals are educated, how well however is another issue. They are easily influenced by a speech especially if it relates to them. There are however bright animals that sort of lead the animals by telling them what to do.

I believe she could not care. She gets treated fine according to herself either way. The only reason she prefers humans is because they spoil her.

Yes I was because he was the one with the best intentions for the farm, he never though about only himself.

Jhony
Back to top Go down
J|Manny413

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:25 am

The animals had to free themselves the grasp of the farmers. The have to start a revolution in which animals rule, so then they can rule with freedom and justice.

No I don’t believe tat snowball is as smart as they make him sound in the book. He is however bright, but some of his ideas only apply to the animals he is talking to, not everyone. He is just brighter then most animals in the farm.

I do think the animals are educated. How they are educated is the issue they are easily influenced by a speech if it relates to them. They are smart creatures who lead the animals by telling them what to do.

Yes, because he was the one with the best intentions in the farm, but he never thought about himself.
Back to top Go down
Euris

PostSubject: JC Pena   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:25 am

According to Napoleon the animals had to do many specifics things. Emphatically, the animals had to work hard enough to finish every command given by Napoleon.
There are plenty of reasons why the animals on the farm were terrified. First of all, the animals were terrified because Napoleon's way to treat them.
From my point of view, I strongly believe Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book. In other words, he expresses himself in such sophisticated way.
Molly was full of interesting motions and feelings in the beginning of Chapter 5. In Fact, Molly shows it by the end of the chapter.
Well, I believe the animals aren't well educated. Reason of this is because they do not choose their own options and they need someone else to do it for them.
Since Snowball is an example of someone the animals want to look up to, and he shows demmand and have plenty of problems, that becomes a trial.
What do you think about Napoleon's maxim?
I believe he was a great leader. Reason of this is the way he make himself look.
NO, because she might tell all the humans.

JC Pena
Back to top Go down
ESJ9384

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:05 pm

I believe his plan is not out of reach. The animals can all become educated and they should build a windmill. It will take time and effort but it is possible.

I believe it is bad. The animals said they would all be treated equally. Power corrupts everything and Napoleon will become a sort of dictator.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership?

The weak will benefit because Napoleon will try to help them out, he will support them but the strong, Napoleon might consider them a threat to him, and they can overthrow him.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution? I do not believe that Mollie is a traitor, she is just an animal who does not care weather she is ruled by animals or humans, and she is too spoiled and pampered.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?

I do not believe this. This is because they both try to treat everyone equally and with right. Until hey crown themselves as rulers over every animal on the farm, then thy will be human.

No, she said she like the humans because of their luxury and the bow they give her. In a way every animal needs a human to be happy, animals could not stand up to humans and their weapons.

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?

The feud began because both were leaders and both had different ways in which they wanted to rule the farm. Their ideas would collide and jealousy and fear would destroy one of them

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?

In the book animals are definitely doing better. They have respect for each other and have the desire to prosper and grow.

No, animals have lived for millions of generations. Humans have created technology and have created a world of understanding and adventures outside of space.

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?

I believe I relate to Snowball, well he is the animal I feel most for, he should rule over Napoleon.

Jhony
Back to top Go down
qenesis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:32 pm

The world would not be better if ruled by animals, because if there are humans and animals together, it would be hard to communicate with animals, unless you have the power to communicate with them. However if animals ruled the world they would do the same thing as humans and fight for power. People say that humans are savage, but at the end of the day animals are worst because they also kill one another for food. So why is it considered a crime for a person to kill someone, but when a animal kills another animal. so why do we say humans destroy everything. POWER, IGNORANCE, AND PRIDE destroy.
Back to top Go down
JN3

JN3

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:37 pm

rob1soul wrote:

Yes simply because he reads a lot of books and is able to use other objects to keep the book open and do many thins that a normal animal

For one, Napoleon is a power freak and just like the actual amn himself he wants to be in chrage al of te time however, when there is someone like Snowball around who actually comes up with good ideas and such, he is seen as some sot of competiton. Either that or the fact that it is a male vs male competiton and they are just trying to see whon is the one who can stand up and be the better man.

Mollie felt very quite but she also said that she felt bad and couldn't do much work for some reason that was bothering her physically.

These animals are well educated in my mind simply because they are able to solve a lot of the issues on the farm and are also reading a lot of advanced book for animals!

He as a bad influence simply because he wanted to put something that the humans made themselves to make less work for the animals he wanted to use electricity on their old fashioned farm.

The pigs are said to be the smartest animals on all of the farm and the so they are the ones who come up with all of the commandments. this isn't right simply because the other animals also have brains and are able to come up with good decisions just as good as those of the pigs.

The animals rejected the windmill idea simply because electricity was being used and that is something that animals themselves should not be using since it is something man made and used everyday like humans. They just really did not want to live like the humans themselves.

Napoleon objects to certain ideas and is said to go for the animals and help them out however, he is manipulating them into something that he wants, most of the time.

Mollie did want to be taken care of by the humans that way she could just doze off and thus the humans can provide everything for her and she will be very happy; and she is. one thing is certain and thats the fact that mollie did leave the animals and so she did ant to be taken care of by the humans; she was given the decision to stay and leave and she left.

The animals should have done something about these weird happenings with Mollie; for sure I believe that these other animals should have confronted her and truly asked her if she wanted to be taken care of by the humans or stay with the animals in their utopia.

I wasn't shocked about Snowball's expulsion however, it was abrupt and very weird since he was just giving his own ideas towards what should happen on the farm and was being very helpful with all of the reading that he was doing and the ideas that he received.

Last edited by JN3 on Fri May 29, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiko345

kiko345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:39 pm

]According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
According to Napoleon the animals had to follow his orders so that they will not make mistakes
They were terrifired because of Snowball's sudden expelcion from the farm and the dogs that followed Napoleon scare them.
I don'y beleive that Snowball is as smart as he they make him sound because he should have been Napoleons overthrow and should have been ready for it.
I believe that Snowball and Napaoleon are against each other because they have want very diferent things. Snowball wants to improve the Animal farm and make things better for the animals, while Napoleon wants everything for the pigs and wants power.
Mollie felt bad that she was caught socializg with a human but still wants to be pampered and wants to leave animal farm.
The animals are somewhat educated because some of them already know how to read and write but most are not nearly as intelligent as the pigs.
Snowball was not a bad influence because he strived to make the lives on animal farm better and with less labor.
Only the pigs decide the rules because they are the smartest of the animals. It is not right because the other animals do not have a voice in what the rules are.
They rejected the windmill because they thought that it was something human a would use and that it would cost to much in labor and food to make.

I believe that he gets so much respect because he is in a position of power and everybody wants to suck up to him.
The animals are Mollie, the pigs and the raven since they do the minimal amount of work that is required for the day.
Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer. Mollie would have preferred to be taken care by humans because several times she is shown to prefer to be pampered by humans than actuallt work.

I do believe the animals should have confrinted Mollie because she has an important choice that she need to make: whether she should stay on Animal Farm or leave with the humans.
I was not really shocked because i was expecting it. Napoleon is the type of character who would not be satisfied with sharing power with another and that is why he expelled Snowball.
What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Max713

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Considering that he can read Mr. Jones' books and come up with plans to build a windmill, yes.

*They want absolute power over the farm.*

*Mollie was confused and distraught in deciding whether or not to side with the humans or the animals.*

*Only a select few like Snowball and Napoleon.*

*Snowball wanted to learn from the humans which on the farm is blasphemy.*

*The pigs make the rules because they took charge and became the leaders. It is right in the sense that no on else has risen up to power.*

*There are the animals that either support Napoleon who doesn't want to make the windmill or the ones who follow Snowball who wants to build the windmill.*

*The windmill idea could decide which leader to follow. Snowball was to one who had the idea and Napoleon took charge to decide whether or not to go through with it. Both would make good leaders.*

*Napoleon is not afraid to speak his mind and take charge.*

*Mollie wants what she thinks is the better life, and if that means giving up freedom than she must not care for it.*

*I don't think the animals should have done anything for Mollie because she had the decision to make on whether to stay or go.*

*I was shocked that Snowball rather than Napoleon was expelled.*

Back to top Go down
suqarkissesx0

PostSubject: CHAPTER 5 DISCUSSION Q\'s   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:40 pm

They are against each other because they both want to be in power of the farm. They want to to take control of everyone and everything.

Mollie didn't really feel to good. She would complain a lot about certain pains.

Not all of the animals are well educated, some do not even know the whole alphabet.

Snowball is somewhat of a bad influence because he seems to be too overcontroling and kind of wants everything his way.

The pigs only decide the rules because they are smarter than the rest; they are more educated. This isn't right because everyone in the farm should have a say in the rules they have to follow.

They believed it was too much hard work for them to do and they didn't think they were capable of completing this task.

Napoleon gets a lot of respect because he is smart and seems to always know what he's talking about.

The cat began not to take responsibility for the job they had given her because she was just hang around on the roof and only come down when it was time to eat.

Mollie would rather be taken care of by humans because when Clover confronts her about seeing her let a human pet her nose, she denied it. Then, Clover found many ribbons and sugar under the hay that belonged to her. Mollie disappeared but the pigeons saw her somewhere with a human and she seemed happy especially when the human would pet her nose. If Mollie left to be with human then this obviously means that she doesn't really care about her freedom, she would rather be living with humans and have them take care of her.

I don't think so because Mollie pretty much betrayed all the animals by being with a human.

Yes because building a windmill is impossible for animals to accomplish even if they work together.

I think it's good in some way because he seems to care more about the animals then Snowball does.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
Mollie is a traitor. She probably represents a spy in the Russian Revolution.

Yes because they are fighting to get control of the farm and have the most power.

Yes because she left to be with humans and she was obviously happy with her decision.

No because they would still fight for power just like us.

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?
She didn't want the other animals to know about what she had done.

What role did the pigeons play?
The pigeons play the role of spies in the book.
Back to top Go down
IT IR IE V IE IR

IT IR IE V IE IR

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:43 pm

1. Napoleon believes that the animals should worry about the current problems, not in the future.

2. The animals are very nervous because Napoleon just took all the power for himself.

3. I think snowball is really as smart as he seems, thats why Napoleon chased him away, he felt like he could take his power from him.

4. I think that Snowball and Napoleon are against each other because they are acting just like politics are in our time.

5. Mollie felt that the humans were her friends because they gave her ribbons and sugar cubes.

6. Most of the animals aren’t well educated but the pigs are growing smarter every day because the have access to books.

7. Snowball was never a bad influence but Napoleon needed someone to blame for the bad things that were happening.

8. Only the pigs make the rules because they are the smartest. It has been working for the animals until now.

9. Some animals are against the windmill because they agree with napoleons ideas.. They think that they should focus on now not later.

10. I don’t believe that the windmill was the right choice at the time because they needed to make more supplies. They didn’t have much and weren't mentally fit enough to construct a working dynamo let alone hooking it up to a windmill.
Back to top Go down
qenesis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Molly is always looking for excuses because she does not want to be a traitor among the other animals, because we all know what happens traitors. However, I would probably do the same thing as Molly because among all the animals i would look out for myself.
Back to top Go down
AmbiorixR

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Why were the animals on the farm terrified? the animals were terrified since they were going to get killed.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book? I believe Snowball is smart since he knows what he's doing and what's going on.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other? They both want to be the leader.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5? In the beginning of Chapter 5, Mollie was furious.

Are the animals well educated? Yes since they are smart and know what they are doing.

How was Snowball a bad influence? He bosses the animals around.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right? The pigs decide the rules since they are more experienced and they have been around humans before.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why? The windmill idea is dangerous.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not? No since the windmill idea is dangerous and the animals didn't want to accept it.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect? Out of everyone, he knows the most.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given? The cat since she never helped.
Back to top Go down
SCollazo970

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm

1 ) They had to fight for what they wanted and what they believed in.
2 ) The animals are scared because Napoleon took all the power for himself.
3 ) I think snowball is really smart. Napoleon chased him away because he felt threatened by his intelligence.
4 ) I think that Snowball and Napoleon are against each other because they represent conflicting political views. An example from modern time is the conflict between the democrats and republicans.
5 ) Mollie felt that the humans were her friends because they gave her ribbons and sugar cubes.
6 ) Most of the animals aren’t well educated but the pigs are growing smarter every day because the have access to books.
7 ) Snowball was never a bad influence but Napoleon led everyone to believe that because he needed someone to blame for all the misfortune that was happening.
8 ) Only the pigs make the rules because they are the smartest and they aren’t doing a very good job thus far, in my opinion.
9 ) Some animals are against the windmill because they agree with Napoleon. What they need to do is focus on the present and not the future.
10 ) I don’t believe that the windmill was the right choice at the time because they needed to increase their supplies. They didn’t have the resources, skills or knowledge to build anything.
11 ) Napoleon is so respected by all the animals because he is a pig just like Major.

Last edited by SCollazo970 on Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alex9423

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm

[quote="rob1soul"]According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do? The animals had to worry about the present and not the future.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified? They were terrified because of the fact that Napoleon took all the power for himself.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book? He is not as smart as he seems because Napoleon chases him away.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other? They are against each other because Napoleon knows that Snowball is the only one that can convince the other animals to follow him.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5? Mollie felt that the humans were hr friends because they gave her sugar cubes and ribbons.

Are the animals well educated? The animals are not well educated but as the days pass the pigs seem to get smarter and smarter.

How was Snowball a bad influence? Snowball was a bad influence because Napoleon made him seem like a bad influence to the other animals.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right? The pigs only decide the rules because they are the smartest on the farm. However i do not believe that it is fair that the other animals cant participate.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why? This is because they do not agree with Napoleon.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not? I do not believe that the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect? I believe that he gets much respect because he uses deceitful ways to get them to believe him and plus he has a lot of power.

Which animals began to not take responsibility for the jobs they were given? The pigs.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer. I believe that she would rather be taken care of by the humans because in the chapter, she says that she would want to stay on the humans good side so they could continue to treat her special.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie? No because she made the decision t leave because she did not agree with them.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion? I was shocked and did not expect that from him.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why? It went to far but everything happens fr a reason.

Last edited by alex9423 on Fri May 29, 2009 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
qenesis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:49 pm

what animal can you related yourself to?

I would relate myself to Molly. You can call me a traitor but I need to look out for myself before any one else.
Also I don't like to be ruled by anyone.
Back to top Go down
LG630

LG630

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Luis Guerra
Chapter 5 Questions

Is snowball’s plan to far away to reach?
Snowball’s plan is not out of reach. Every obstacle can be overcome but it just needs hard work and dedication.

Is Napoleon’s forceful possession of power good or bad for the animals?
This possession of power will be bad for the animals. If they whole plan was to be treated equal than power cannot be turned over to just one person.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon’s leadership?
The animals that would most benefit from this would be the weak. The weaker animals don’t propose no sort of threat towards Napoleon so the stronger animals would not benefit as well.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represent in the Russian revolution?
Mollie in a way is a traitor. She’s betraying her friends who made an agreement with each other to overthrow humans. However, she is to involved with herself so she doesn’t care whether humans or animals rule her.

I don’t believe this because they try to treat all of the animals fairly. When they completely take control of the farm and start imitating some of Mr. Jones tactics then they would have become the humans on the farm.

No, she just liked the humans because of all the privellages and nice things they had. However, animals need humans to be happy because they need humans to spoil them in a way.
Back to top Go down
qenesis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm

what animal can you related yourself to?

I would relate myself to Molly. You can call me a traitor but I need to look out for myself before any one else.
Also I don't like to be ruled by anyone. I would also make up a bunch of excuses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Chapter 5 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5 Discussion Questions
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next