www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 6 Discussion Questions

Go down 
+19
karla_hearts
alex9423
Nunez07
Euris
ESJ9384
Morzat la Para12
Romo
AmbiorixR
XxWachen<3xX
Alfredoyo
vickiee264
enunez758
Mamadou-Bah
Dameiby1
kiko345
IT IR IE V IE IR
JN3
qenesis
Max713
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alex9423

Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 Discussion Questions   Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

[quote="qenesis"]1. Animals work for themselves; "their kind not idle, thieving humans beings" pg.59This means that they are doing hard work to benifit themselves not any other species such as the humans.
They do not wish to give them anything.
2. What do you think would happen to the animals, if Boxer wasn't at the farm.Without boxer, nothing on the farm would get done in terms of hard labour.

3. Who do you think Boxer represents as a leader?As a leader, Boxer represents Obama because he is the prsident of the United States and he knows that if he wants to get by in the country he will have to do some community work with the people.

4. Without Boxer what are they left with?
A= chaos, Mousollini= Boxer, napoleon= hitler, need to maintain order. They are left with napoleon.

5. Are the animals becoming into what they once despised?They ani,als are turning into what they never imagined turning into and the pigs are turning into Mr. Jones.

6. theme: slavery, or voluntary working?
pg. 60; physically different than humans, not civilized.
I think its more like slavery because most of the animals on the farm want to be free without doing a lot of hard work.
7. competing for freedom.
the idea of individuality and maturity. "it makes you who you are...." Kelvin/ fighting for your originality.I totally agree with this quote.

8. Do you think you do things for yourself or someone else. I do things more for other people because I am always trying to impress someone one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
HUERTA34

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 Discussion Questions   Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:44 pm

Silvia Huerta
English:
AF Chapter 6 (SET 1)

1.) Is slavery at play between the animals?
- Slavery is at play between the animals, they are forced to work long hours by Napoleon under the threat of a reduction in their rations and under the threat of death if rebelling.

2.) Text to Text Connection: Are the animals becoming more like Mr. Jones?
- Not all the animals are becoming more like Mr. Jones, just Napoleon in particular because he has inherited the role of the selfish leader.

3.) Are the animals like soldiers answering demands without question?
-The Animals who follow Napoleon’s orders have become monotonous much like soldiers who do as they are ordered without questions or remarks satisfied with the though that things were far worse during Mr. Jones time.

4.) Respond: The animals feared the humans, now they fear each other.
-The animals once feared the two legs and referred to them as bad and soon enough some of their own were becoming just what they had rebelled against and were rebelling amongst themselves.

5.) Is Napoleon like Stalin where they are both manipulating everyone to overthrow Snowball?
- Yes, Napoleon is much like Stalin or better yet Stalin is much like Napoleon. They are both deceiving the rest of the animals to blame every misfortune upon Snowballs back.

6.) All year round the animals work like slaves but they are happy because they are surrounded by friends and don't have to deal with humans. Is that really freedom?
-No, freedom is not necessarily being satisfied it’s about being free to choose and to work to you ability and not be punished to speak your mind, it’s about not being afraid to be you.

7.) Do you feel like the animals are going to revolt again?
- Yes, I believe a new rebellion is awaiting but not against humans but against the absurd totalitarian ideas of Napoleon.

8.) What will they do without the supplies they need for the windmill?
- Napoleon will embark on trade with neighboring farms and perhaps even with humans.

9.) Are they regretting banishing Mr. Jones?
- The animals do not recall how things where before the rebellion and it satisfies them to think that they were far worse therefore they do not regret the rebellion.

10.) Is Napoleon making the farm seem in better condition than it really is with Mr. Whymper?
-Yes, indeed he is, he is trying to prove the humans wrong about underestimating his ability to run the farm when in fact they were right, they were starving and killing themselves.
Back to top Go down
njg094

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 Discussion Questions   Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Max713 wrote:
Is slavery at play between the animals?
*No because the animals are following Napoleon. Its not like he is forcing the animals to do the things that he wants.

Text to Text Connection: Are the animals becoming more like Mr. Jones?
*Yes because the pigs are using the things that Mr. Jones used such as his house and bed.

Are the animals like soldiers answering demands without question?
*Yes. For instance, the dogs chased Snowball without asking why they were doing it.

Respond: The animals feared the humans, now they fear each other.
*The animals will always be afraid of something because there will always be an obsticle that will block their future.

Is Napoleon like Stalin where they both manipulating everyone everyone to overthrow Snowball?
*He is not completely like Stalin because he is not exxagerating how much he manipulates his people and he wants a different type of power.

All year round the animals work like slaves but they are happy because they are surrounded by friends and don't have to deal with humans. Is that really freedom?
*Yes because if the humans were there, they would collect whatever the animals produced. However, with no humans, they keep whatever they produce. That means that they are working for themselves, not like slaves that work so others can benefit from their work.

Do you feel like the animals are going to revolt again?
*They might revolt but that would just bring them back where they started and eliminate all of their progress.

What will they do without the supplies they need for the windmill?
*All they could do is join with another farm and share the goods that they produce.

Are they regretting banishing Mr. Jones?
*They regret banishing him only becuase of the things that bhje did for them that they can't do such as buy dog treats at the store and other things.

Is Napoleon making the farm seem in better condition than it really is with Mr. Whymper?
*Yes because he doesn't want the other animals to overthrow him and he wants to keep his power over the animals.
Back to top Go down
njg094

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 Discussion Questions   Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:05 pm

qenesis wrote:
1. Animals work for themselves; "their kind not idle, thieving humans beings" pg.59
*This means that they are doing things to benefit themselves.

2. What do you think would happen to the animals, if Boxer wasn't at the farm.
*Without Boxer, the animals would not be motivated enough to do a lot of work.

3. Who do you think Boxer represents as a leader?
*As a leader, he represents Obama because they are both willing to do good for their people. For instance, Boxer motivates the animals to work their hardest and Obama tries his best to help the economy.

4. Without Boxer what are they left with?
A= chaos, Mousollini= Boxer, napoleon= hitler, need to maintain order.
*They are left with Napoleon, who only cares about power, and will probably start using threats to motivate the animals to do work.

5. Are the animals becoming into what they once despised?
*Yes because they are starting to act like the humans. i.e.Pigs starting to act like Mr. Jones

6. theme: slavery, or voluntary working?
pg. 60; physically different than humans, not civilized.
*I believe that they are doing voluntary work because they are working to benefit themselves.

7. competing for freedom.
the idea of individuality and maturity. "it makes you who you are...." Kelvin/ fighting for your originality.
*I agree with this quote. All the animals want freedom and are doing what they can to get it.

8. Do you think you do things for yourself or someone else/
*I think that I do things for myself most of the time. In many cases, people don't work just because they like doing it, they work because they want to get paid and to get other benefits for themselves. I believe that nobody does things to benefit other people.
Back to top Go down
y3l3nny

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 Discussion Questions   Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm

Is slavery at play between the animals?
-I think that in a point the animals are enslaving themselves, instead of being free like they had the idea that they were going to do, they are doing all the work, while the pigs just stay back and watch.
Text to Text Connection: Are the animals becoming more like Mr. Jones?
-I think that by the animals wanting freedom and letting Napoleon chose over them they are letting Napoleon become like Mr. Jones, because now they have someone that is over them and tells them what to do, and in my opinion that is what they were running away from.
Are the animals like soldiers answering demands without question?
-Yes they are like soldiers doing what Napoleon demands. They won’t ask why or even speak their minds because they have been intimidated, by the dogs that Napoleon is using as guards.
Respond: The animals feared the humans, now they fear each other.
-I think that now the animals don’t fear each other as much as humans, but with Napoleons accusations they are fearing that there is someone in them that will hurt the rest, therefore they are starting to be more precautious in what they do since they don’t want to break any of the rules.
Is Napoleon like Stalin where they both manipulating everyone to overthrow Snowball?
-Yes Napoleon is just like Stalin in that aspect, because he manipulated every animal into thinking that Snowball was a bad influence. He made up many things about Snowball just so the animals will lose faith in Snowball, and he can stay with all the power.
All year round the animals work like slaves but they are happy because they are surrounded by friends and don't have to deal with humans. Is that really freedom?
-No I don’t think that’s freedom, freedom is when you make your own decisions and you speak your mind. But not even that can the animals do, the look like robots doing everything that Napoleon says.
Do you feel like the animals are going to revolt again?
-I don’t think that the animals will revolt because they are afraid. They are scared that they will be killed, if they don’t follow Napoleons orders.
What will they do without the supplies they need for the windmill?
-I think that they are going to get the supplies they need to build the windmill from some other place.
Are they regretting banishing Mr. Jones?
-I think that for the most part they are not, because they haven’t noticed that Napoleon is being more controlling then Mr. Jones was.
Is Napoleon making the farm seem in better condition than it really is with Mr. Whymper?
-Yes, Napoleon is making Mr. Whymper believe that the farm is running better without Mr. Jones because he knows that since Mr. Whymper is the only one allowed to go in the farm the other farmers probably asks him questions.
Respond: Animals work for themselves; "their kind not idle, thieving human’s beings" pg.59
-I don’t think that the animals are working for themselves, I think that they are working for Napoleon because he doesn’t do anything and he still gets benefits from it
What do you think would happen to the animals, if Boxer wasn't at the farm?
-I think that the other animals will have a worst job because usually Boxer is the hardest worker and sometimes does more work than everyone else.
Who do you think Boxer represents as a leader?
-I think that boxer is like Obama; he is strong and is there to help, and they are both trying to work for the whole community so they can have what’s better for them.
Are the animals becoming into what they once despised?
-Yes most of the animals are becoming what they were trying to stay away from.
6. Theme: slavery, or voluntary working? pg. 60; physically different than humans, not civilized.
-I think that it’s mostly slavery; because they have to do it otherwise they have to face the fierce guard dogs.
7. Competing for freedom the idea of individuality and maturity. "It makes you who you are...." Kelvin/ fighting for your originality.
-Being free gives you characteristics that you have, it lets you show the different things you can do, and say without having to worry about what you are saying.
8. Do you think you do things for yourself or someone else?
-I think that you do both. Mostly you think you do things for yourself but in the end it ends up being beneficial for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 Discussion Questions   Chapter 6 Discussion Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 Discussion Questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2