www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Growl When I'm Pleased

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Max713

I Growl When I'm Pleased Empty
PostSubject: I Growl When I'm Pleased   I Growl When I'm Pleased Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland is full of conversations that are both logical and crazy.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "We are all mad here. I'm mad, your mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" asked Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all; however, she went on "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog is not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well then, the Cat went on, "you see, a dog growls when it is angry and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore, I'm mad."
"I call it purring, not growling," said Alice.
"Call it what you may," said the Cat. "Do you play croquet with the Queen to-day?

Using the passage as inspiration, write your own logical dialogue between a boy/girl and an animal.
Back to top Go down
JN3

JN3

PostSubject: Re: I Growl When I'm Pleased   I Growl When I'm Pleased Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

I am nothing but a simple man searching for his way to get around said J Neutral: Lost in a sea of people and no one who I can reconcile with.
Yes but you are a very gifted in your positions here as a medical physician said K: The city needs you with all of these medical problems jumping up, left and right.
I do not know if I can continue to live here i mean these people are reall crzy and strat to think that they can talk to animals
but it is true sir, we can talk to animals! and i can prove it
I am a man of logic and clearly know that that is impossible however, being a part time surgeon I know that the impossible is sometimes possible and so i will beive you just this once

I will show you something extrodinary an animal who is a great healer and is bale to do things we wish we could do: the fact is that yu coiuld learn a thing or two with the help of this creature
Hours passed and the two traveled both by car and air and finally their destination was reached
are we finally here; can I finally see this talking mystical creature that is said to be so magical and actualy help me: the greatest doctor that this countr has seen so far
Yes we are almost here and you'll just have to wait and se the amazing gifts that this animals beholds: one thing is certain and thats the fact that it does not like any surprises

No surprises yet we have not introduced ourselves and have yet to see the actual beast of yours
He wil not be startled dont worry
He moved aside a small bush and they saw a giant tree full of animals of all kinds and in the center of them all, he pointed one out
there he is; our beast to which you will have much gratitude towards

This, this thing is amzing; look how it uses the plants that surround the tree to heal: look at all of wounded he'll never get to them all
Ahh, but thats where you are wrong my friend: he see's all of the animals and makes sure they are all healthy; it is something he does for himself
This creature is something else, but i must get a closer look and speak to him: you were not lying, he is marvelous!
J walked towards the animals and they were not startled but, invited him in as one of their own

Hello my name is Doctor J and I am here to bestow myself within this natural beauty
The beast noded
These plants are they known by any humans?: and this talking situation, have any outsiders such as myself ever witnessed it in action?
These plants you see befotre you are all my doing: I created them with myblood and tears and I suply the entire jungle with any neccesities

J stoood in amazment as the beast began to talk
You are the only one who has been here thus far; I will warn you my powers and gifts are not to be sold.
I am a mere figment of this jungle and I myself have become responsible for it in doctors prespective if you will.
He pointed within the tree something that appeared to be an owl's nest but was much more.

There, you weant me to go in there?
It is tiny and I will never fot, even in a million years
This is why no other outsider has ever conjtacted me, you do not belive in what can be but, is not common.
Now step inside and you weill see; and worls of which I coe from and you have yet to see, said the beast as he faded into the tree.
Wait, how do I get inside! said J: I guess I'll just have to go through the same place he did.

He opened a tiny little door and saw a bright light, at this point he dicided to belive just as he said and imagined himself walking through
It worked J said as he croosed over to the other side in what seemed to be a vortex of sorts.
He saw mystical things but all he saw an operation table and the beast lying upon it
Come I must know what you can do, said the beast: I want you to fix me, I will not tell ypu what I have but instead will let you figure it out during surgery.

You want me to preform surgery on you; now? said J.
Why yes, I must see what kinds of knowledge this great doctor that they all speak of has of the body; I myself am all beast but have just the same organs as any human on Earth has too said the beast.
Okay I will get started then but the only thing is how will you know if I solved the problem you have within? said J
I cannot be put to sleep or die for that matter, I am impervious to it and so I will know what you are doing when you are doing it said the beast.

He preped himslef in a matter of minutes and began making incisions within the beast's abdomen.
I will try the abdomen first since it is the largest portion to cover then work my way over to the brain said J
He saw all but normal signs and thus bergan to think.
If you can't die then I can cut open your organs as well; I belive that the problwem will be found deep within said J.
He was right.
My god, you have severe artery contorsions and many tunmors in this area; I must work stat said J.

Treat me like you would any other [patient, for I forghot to mention one thing, I do die however, I always am revived so your right said the best: the clock is ticking.
This was a test of hardship and will for J and the beast alike, the two were about to see whatn the other was made of.
Hours later, he had finished and proclaimed victoprious against the relentless clock.
Finally done and now you must tell me greast one, what purpose does this pose? said J.

With eyes closed, The beast said, I now know how you operate and what ypur mindset is like; as for my teachings you have little to learn.
What you are saying is that UI am skillful at what i do?
Yes but you need to learn how to be patient and a few more years here and you'll get the hang of it; you are a greast doctor and I will prepare you for what i have foreseen, a great epidemic that will begin it outbreak here said the beast.
Your trasining will be long but worth it said the beast, and as for the humans, they will be in rejoice with all of this ; you and your methods, together will change the world

Last edited by JN3 on Sun May 31, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
qenesis

PostSubject: Re: I Growl When I'm Pleased   I Growl When I'm Pleased Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:55 pm

I GROWL WHEM I'M PLEASED..

"Why must people always be so upset", asked Billy, the dog from the other side of the street. "I don't understand humans. They are always mad at. They are free to do whatever they want. unlike me, look at me. I cant even go around the corner without a leash."
" The reason is because, as living creators we always complain. Look at you, you don't understand the fact that I don't want to go where ever I want to. I have so many bills to pay. Look at you are mad get I wish i could be like you."stated Matty, will wiping her face, to brush away her tears.

.....THE NEXT DAY......
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! What happened, where am I? No way!! Could it be? Why? Oh my God, i can't believe I just woke up in Matty's body. We both wished to witch bodies but I didn't think that I would actually wake up in her body. What's that smell. Why does everything look so we "
Back to top Go down
Mamadou-Bah

PostSubject: Re: I Growl When I'm Pleased   I Growl When I'm Pleased Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm

"This is insane are you crazy!" screamed Jason
"Nope, not insane but adventures." replied Tom
"But we can die, it's like so dry and barren and how will we get something to eat or to drink?" questioned Jason
"I have that covered, don't worry!" answered Tom
"At least tell me we will take a car with us because if we are walking then I’m out." stressed Jason
"I told you don't worry everything will be okay."

"First and foremost, we have to go shopping." said Tom
"I am okay with that, lets go today." answered Jason
"Alright, let’s go to Dick's Sporting Goods first because they have a lot camping equipment that we will need out in the unforgiving Sahara dessert." suggested Tom
"Okay, but will we buy?" asked Jason
"Umm maybe some water bottles, sun tan lotions, and tents" explained Tom "What kind of question is that any way?"
"I was just asking that's all." answered Jason

"Okay after shopping all day we need to rest because I already bought a ticket to Algeria and our flight is due in three days." said Tom
"THREE DAYS!!!!!" yelled Jason
"Yeah what's wrong?"
"Well I have to say good-bye to everyone, pay my bills a head of time, and start packing because I may forget something if I do it in the last minute."
"Oh stop whining you can do that in three days." said Tom "You’re such a drama queen."
"I don't have time for this i have to start saying good-bye to everyone, paying my bills a head of time, and starting pack."

"We will touch down in Algeria in five minutes." the pilot announced
"Well here we are, you ready?" said Tom
"I feel like I forgot, or we forgot something."
"You need to relax you are forever stressing that's the reason why i brought you to this trip, and no we didn't forget anything, your being paranoid."

"Welcome Tom and Jason to Algeria I’m your tour guide Omar and your Jeep awaits you."
"Today I will help you guys plan your trip across the Sahara." added Omar
"I hope you brought enough equipment and clothes to last your trek across the Sahara."
"If any problems arise I can call help with my long range phone so safety is no concern."
"So let’s get started gentlemen!"

"I was thinking that from Algeria we can trek our way east to Libya.” Explained Tom
“I calculate it’s about 350 miles from where we are to the border between Algeria and Libya.”
“So that means we have to drive at least 118 miles a day to make it to the border in three days.”
“That means we have to stock up in food, water, gas, and batteries to last us about three days.” Stated Tom
“Okay so when do we start?” questioned Jason
“First thing tomorrow.”

“Well here we go on our first adventure.” Said Tom
“Yeah, I can’t wait.” Jason said sarcastically
“Come on drama queen, hop into the jeep it’s time to go.”
“I don’t appreciate you calling me a drama queen okay.” Explained Jason
“Oh sorry did I hurt your feelings!”
“This is going to be a long journey with you.” Added Jason

“Okay we made it to the first day without dying.” Said Jason
“Let see we have a lot food, water and gas left that’s good because we don’t want to be stranded out here do we Jason?”
“Is that even a question.”
“Gentlemen we have driven 130 miles which is better then we expected.” Said Omar
“That’s good that means will get to our destination earlier.” Stated Tom

“I think I see the border look.” Yelled Jason
“That mine friend is Libya we made it.” Said Tom
“Yes finally we can get out of here.”
“Not yet we have another eighty miles to the capital to catch our flight home.” Said Tom
“I can handle it as long as we are going home.”

“Flight 396 bound to America is departing in five minutes I repeat Flight 396 bound to America is departing.” The announcer announced
“Well here we go back to America.”
“I would like to thank you for bringing me here.” Jason said
“I knew you needed it that’s why I brought you.” Responded Tom
“Now let’s go before our flight leaves us.”
“Good call lets go, last one their does the dishes!”
Back to top Go down
alex9423

PostSubject: Re: I Growl When I'm Pleased   I Growl When I'm Pleased Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:24 am

"I have nothing to offer to this world and you know it. All that I have done is be a pathetic animal and sit around in a barn all day. Hoping that day will change, but now I am at that age where there is no more hope. My time will soon be over and I will still not have made any impact on this Earth. The old horse looked at me with a look that really saddens me. I was really convinced that he believed that his life was soon to be over."Look I know I shouldn't be doing this but I have an idea that might change yours and my life forever. How about we head out for a.week trip starting tomorrow to a special place." The horse agreed and the next day they would head out on their trip. " You know that my dad is going to kill me if he finds out that I took you out on a trip. He feels that all animals should live their life on a barn but I don't believe that. I feel that they should live their life to the fullest and do things that they ever imagined doing." The horse looked at him wondering what he could possibly be talking about. Hours passed and soon they made it to the location. "Wat is this place Billy?" " this is a race track, where I signed you up to race to raise money for animals in need of medical assistance." Full of excitement the horse did not hesitate to step on the track. " the race will start in 2 hours so you have plenty of time to strech and get ready." Full of excitement, the horse started to reflect on his life. "Finally I have something to offer to this world. I wish my mother and father were here to witness this. They would be so proud of me.Just for them to see me being happy would make be happy as well." Soon the race was going to begin and all of the animals went to the starting line. "On your mark, get set, go!" "You can do it! I believe in you. Just think about the thousands of other animals you can be helping. Just remember that this is what you have been waiting for." He took off looking more passionate then ever. His old age seemed to not effect him at all. The horses would all run around the race track about three times and there would be prizes for the best three runners. Unfortunately he did not make the top three but he still felt accomplished in the end. " I can't believe I finished the race Billy. Thanks to you I got to do do something, not only for me but for the animals in need." The day ended with each horse getting a participation award. " Thank you Billy for taking me on this adventure. Hopefully we could do this again one day and maybe there will be something for you to do as well." " I don't think I would enjoy doing something physical. I'm more of a stay at home and rest type guy. But hey, you never know maybe there could be something where it includes you and me at the same time. I would really look forward to that. As they made it back to the barn they were both exausted and tired. It didn't really matter what Billys dad said because it was all worth it." Hopefully he can learn to forgive us Billy." "Don't worry, I don't think he'll ever find out."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Growl When I'm Pleased   I Growl When I'm Pleased Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Growl When I'm Pleased
Page 1 of 1