www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raft essay

Go down 
+4
HUERTA34
babygurl24
ashelynxsunshine
Colombiankl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making
Colombiankl

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Raft essay   Raft essay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Role: Romeo or Juiet
Audience: Advice columnist
Format: 3 paragraph letter
Topic: Relationship help
Due: 3/24/09
Back to top Go down
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making
Colombiankl

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raft essay   Raft essay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Role: Romeo
Topic: Relationship help
To: Advice Columnist

Dear Anybody that may be able to help me:
What is love to you? To me, it's the best feeling in the world. Love to me is the thing that keeps you going when you just feel absolutly horrible. Love makes you take normal things and look at them in an extraordinary way. But alas, love is not consistant. At one point I loved the beautiful Rosaline. Everything changed when i layed my eyes on the perfection called Juliet.

As soon as I had seen her, I instantly fell in love. Moments later, I had the great oppurtunity to kiss her. She had fallen in love with me too. Love at first site... the most magical element of life.We decided we'd get married. It would be the greatest decision of my life. If it wasn't for one major issue. Our families. I come from the family Montague and she is a Capulet. Our two families HATE each other.

For a while now there's been this fued has been going on, and I hate it. And as things could not get any worse, I killed one of the Capulets. Now, nobody besides trusted loyal friends know of the love between me and Juliet. If our families were to find out what's going on, they would surely ruin everything. I have been banished because of the murder I committed, but Juliet is to remain here. Any advice on what i should do?

Last edited by Colombiankl on Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ashelynxsunshine

ashelynxsunshine

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: raft essay :]   Raft essay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:23 pm

~ Hi, my name is Juliet and I’m 13. Lately, i've gotten myslef in one huge predicament. For a while now I’ve become madly in love with a man named Romeo Montaque. He’s all I’ve ever wanted and could ever ask for in a husband. He’s sweet, simple, & delicate; the kind of man you can only imagine in your dreams! We have been secretly seeing in each other for awhile now and i think its time we get married, make it official.
But there’s one issue, our families seem to despise each other, making it nearly impossible to be together. We were goin to go get married but what would my families think of us? Could our relationship maybe heal our families' issues or make the situation worse?
I really am in love with him and want to sharethe rest of my life with him. To make the situation even more complicated, he has been banished for killing my own cousin, Tybalt. At this point I’ve become very confused and lost, on what to make of the situation. Any advice?

Juliet Capulet, 13
Verona, Italy
Back to top Go down
babygurl24

babygurl24

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raft essay   Raft essay Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi, everyone I’m a nurse for the young and beautiful Juliet. I have seen this girl grow up in front of my eyes. She’s beautiful and I almost feel like her mother because I’m stressing so much about her. The young girl is merely 14 and she speaks of this nonsense that she is in love with a boy named Romeo. Now I would very much like to see her in the hands of a man who truly loves her and can take care of her but I’m not sure that’s the case with this Romeo boy. They both sneak off and she thinks that no one knows, but nothing happens in that house that I don’t know about.

She is a very smart girl and I don’t want to see her ruin her future over a boy. I’m not trying to say that the boy is no good because I’m sure that he is a good kid it’s just that I don’t think they are ready for a relationship right now. They are very young and they have their whole future ahead of them and I just think that they should spend some time exploring this big world instead of rushing off to get married at such a young age. Am I wrong for being worried about her?

Can someone give me advice?....
Back to top Go down
HUERTA34

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: SILVIA'S RAFT ESSAY   Raft essay Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Dear Newspaper editor,

I write desperately seeking an answer for my friends. They are two youngsters about fourteen, fifteen maybe and they are seeking advice from me, better said they want me to marry them. Its all normal until you realize that their families are against this marriage. The families are long past rivals who would never consent their children permission to wed each other. I don't know whether to wed them without their parents consent, will it be against my duty as priest.

Regardless what they tell me, how they go on and on about how they love each other, I know that their love is nothing more than just a physical attraction. But then again if I did wed them would it put an end to their families long rivalry, will it bring peace and quiet back to our community. I bet it would, because in my mind and after knowing both families for a long time I know that all they need is someone to bring them together and talk their differences out. Wedding them would surely bring peace to these two disputing families.

But then again, would I be fulfilling my duty by marring a couple to whose love is not really there. To make them promise a life together, when I really don't believe their love is real, but who am I to judge their love. I really don't know what to do about this situation. Even as a priest giving people condolences and advise this situation has given me a hard time and I need someones advise. Shall I put an end to these families rivalry or should I let it go on?

Sincerely,
Friar Lawrence

Raft essay 00023650
Back to top Go down
xstarmoonkillz

xstarmoonkillz

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Rosa Luna: Raft Essay   Raft essay Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Dear Editor,

Greetings my name is Juliet and I am a young woman who is in search for help. I need some help in how to deal with a grave problem I have which is how my parents aren’t allowing my love with this amazing individual, Romeo. I truly love him and would like the rest of my life to be spent with his. Here’s my story, I come from the Capulet family and one of our family’s rival is the Montague which is Romeo’s family. Since he comes from the Montague family we are bound to never be acquaintance nor lovers. Our family says we would be cursed if we where to get married yet we are profoundly in love with each other. Each time I see Romeo my heart beats like sound of the hummingbird’s wings flapping. I don’t think I’ll be able to live without being with him, my Romeo. Oh my Romeo he be thy only lover whom I will give me body and soul too.

Please to whom ever, I ask for your advice I am in search for a solution to my problem. Both our families are not willing to make an exception for our true love yet we know that we are bound to be together for eternity. I love him and I am in search for what shall be my solution. I do not care how I can accomplish my marriage with Romeo but hear this I am willing to go to the heavens for him. I really would like to know what you believe in my situation because I want to find a way to surpass this problem with my Romeo. Me and him can live happily ever after if our families didn’t have this rivalry between them.

Ask yourself a few questions if you where in my shoes and tell me how you would deal with this problem. I always wonder if the way we are trying to deal with this is the right way or not, or if there is a better solution. If you had found your true love and no one accepted it because of family values what would you do. My life with my family is great and all but then again the restrictions I have and my arrange marriage is not acceptable to me. I just wish my family was different so my true love could actually be with me, that would be perfect yet I don’t know I can make this dream come true.

Sincerely,
Juliet
Back to top Go down
drzchula

drzchula

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Darline Rosa Raft Essay   Raft essay Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Hello, my name is Juliet. I have been very confused this days. I need your help, your advice, just something that will make me make better choices. I dont know if what im feeling is love or just an illusion that will go away soon. My heart beats having the thought of Romeo day and night. Im only 13, i dont know how to differenciate love and an illusion.

Also, thats not my only problem. Our families do not have a good relationship and that makes our lifes even more complicated. Is it possible for love to exist, when our families are like dogs and cats? Is it worth it marrying with the feeling that it may end because of this.

I would really appreciate if you would let me know what you think. It's hard to be in my shoes. Plus, this confussion about what to do is not very pleasing. I cant ask myself this but if you would be me what would you do? please let me know your answer as soon as
possible. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
babyboo22

babyboo22

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Advice Column-Jennifer Valdez   Raft essay Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Dear People:

My name is Juliet and I am at the young age of 14 but in a huge situation and need all the advice I can get. I am a Capulet and my lover is Romeo Montague and our families absolutely HATE each other! We met at a party I had and from that first dance to the first kiss we instantly fell in love. Now my parents want me to marry Paris another prince but my heart is with Romeo. But thanks to his pride he has killed my cousin Tybalt and has been banished from Verona...now what am I supposed to do? Should I just forget about Romeo and hope things work out with Paris. Although I do love Romeo I am also having some doubts. Like I think it's kind of wierd that he can just forget about Rosaline that easy if he loved her so much. Also, I don't know if he is worth giving up my family for because they are all I have. What happends if this doesn't work out and I'm left alone with no one? Or a war will break out because of our love? Romeo is like no other man I've ever seen. No words can describe how much I feel for him...now I know what you may be thinking. I am only fourteen what do I know about love? Well I will tell you, love is the best thing in the world. Love is when you can't see your life without him,when you can't go a day without talking to them or seeing them. Like I can't explain it because it's so undescribable and magical. You can't describe love unless you're in love and I'm head over heals in love. But be honest is Romeo good enough for me? Is he worth the complications that might come along? I really need your help and it would be appreciated.

~Juliet Capulet~ -Age 14 Verona,Italy
Back to top Go down
zomgWATAbarbie
Co-admin
zomgWATAbarbie

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raft essay   Raft essay Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Dear Reader,

My daughter has fallen in love with the son of my enemy. I don’t know how to snap her out of her love story. I cannot accept this at all. It wasn’t predictable in the first place! I mean, every day I notice her sneaking out, but I don’t do anything about it. If the situation turned big, I don’t know what matters I would have to take next. If my husband knew about this, everything would be blamed on me for not doing anything in the first place, but I know where she is coming from because I was in the same position as her when I was younger, and I didn’t do anything about it.

Now, I am writing to ask for advice on what to do. I went to my nurse, but she wasn’t any help at all. I can’t find the words to explain all of the options I have left to choose. Which honestly, I barely have any. The feud won’t dim down anytime soon and I refuse to resolve any conflict with my enemy, the Montague. I get this queasy feeling on the thought of trying to figure out what to do next but I have nothing to move on to.

I want to make my daughter, Juliet happy but I can’t do it the worse way possible, by allowing her see this Romeo. There’s another man in the picture who is in love with my daughter. But obviously she isn’t in love with him. I don’t see why though. He is charming, wealthy, and handsome and he asked for her hand in marriage. Juliet is aware of this but she refuses to marry him. Please help me. I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Lady Capulet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raft essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raft essay   Raft essay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raft essay
Page 1 of 1