www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern Fairy Tale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rob1soul

rob1soul

Modern Fairy Tale Empty
PostSubject: Modern Fairy Tale   Modern Fairy Tale Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm

This is where your Modern Fairy Tale Story will go.
Back to top Go down
kiko345

kiko345

Modern Fairy Tale Empty
PostSubject: Modern Fairy Tale   Modern Fairy Tale Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Christopher Ramos
Period 7
Modern Fairy Tale
Robert wondered what the point of it all while was walking down the slums of Detroit. People often worked here hard everyday but just for a pity of d wage that couldn’t even buy some bread. Since he moved nearby in the average part of the city he had to walk through the slums to get home. He was often called very noble but the truth was that he wanted to help people. AS he passed on by the local orphanage he saw how the kids were starving and his heart wrenched just wishing to do something to help them.

After a week Rob couldn’t stand it anymore. Day after day he saw how many people were starving while the rich employers just got greedier and barely paying wages if you could even call them that because of how tiny it was and they couldn’t support themselves let alone their families. Sick with anger at the unfairness of it all he wondered what he could possibly do to help those unfornate people. Finally he thought of what he could do to help his fellow citizen even though the method wasn’t legal. However desperate times call for desperate measures to help those who were dying of hunger.

As he crept through the district where the rich executives lived in splendor he asked himself if this was really the right thing to do. He suddenly stopped and a small child so skinny you could see his ribcage dig in the trash cans looking for food. With that his resolved strengthen to help the needy. At the first mansion it was relatively easy to break the door lock that was in it. At first Rob moved with caution but after figuring out that there was no one home he did it with ease. ‘Hello food” he said to himself when he saw the giant fully stocked fridge and filled a bag full of food. As he was starting to leave he saw a painting that was pretty oddly placed. He lifted it up and saw that it covered a safe. ‘Why not? I’m just taking back what the greedy rich stole from the poor” he thought to himself and emptied the safe. Finally he crept out careful to not leave anything that might point who he is.

While still in the cover of the night Rob headed to the local Salvation Army so he could actually give the food. Seeing as it was always unlocked (as a homeless person might need to go in for shelter). Slowly and cautiously rob put the food where the people who needed it could get it. While he left he thought of what he could possibly do with the money that he took. After pondering on it for a few moments he finally decided what he could do with the and congratulated himself with his brilliant concoction. Rob went to all the houses in the slums and placed part of what he estimated was half a million dollars worth to the poverty-stricken people.

The next day the entire city was in wonder. As Rob watched the news a reporter said “ The city is still mystified by the robbery that occurred to millarione Rick Bank, the police had mo idea where the thief is but in other news early this morning the salvation army woke up to find large amounts of food donated by a mysterious person. Finally the most shocking news is that in the slums in Detroit thousands of dollars were given to the poverty-stricken population by what people call the ‘modern day Robin Hood”. ‘Well its it looks it helped” rob thought to himself.” But I now I know that im not done yet, I still have to give to those who really need it.”

This was the the night that he was really going to have to steal to help them
Back to top Go down
ricardo

ricardo

Modern Fairy Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Fairy Tale   Modern Fairy Tale Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Life in 2009

The year is 1999, and many prepare for Y2K fearing the worst. There desolate minds show nothing but fear. Andrew Connor which is nothing but an everyday mere teenager lays in a fettle position as the heart pounding countdown began, each second beating as slow as his feeble heart and as zero turned from a number to a marker of his death Andrew told his brother Scott, “Dude can you believe we never had a black president?” and Scott simply replied “the day our president is black humanity will end.” Three words Scott would lament for the rest of his life.

As Y2K passed over the world once again felt foolish for blowing up such propaganda and life continued as it did before hand. The time now January, 2009, as president Obama is sworn into office and millions at Washington and billions around the world rejoice. “Well, well, Scott I don’t see any humanity ending in our area,” Andrew boasted. Scott replied, “Wow man!! That was 10 years ago guessing your right.” and the two joked about it without knowing the unfortunate future. As Obama’s time in office seemed flawless no one expected what is come.

TV’s began ringing with the noise of news anchors all reciting the same story, “A massive outbreak has just occurred in Mexico City, Mexico where scientist at a university attempt to cure cancer but instead create a deadly virus that transforms the inhabited into a out of the ordinary mutant.” The human race never saw it coming. Never once did they expect to be wiped out like a cluster of ignorant beast. Though only a month passed nearly 9 out of every 10th person on the face of our miniscule planet was no longer in existence and the other 600 million, well lets say they wished they suffered the others fate.

Only 20 million humans were immune to this malady and were forced to face the everyday horrors of the flesh ravenous monsters. Andrew and Scott were one of those humans lasting on only small portions of survival food left over in there parents Y2K bunker under the house. The two felt so alone yet knew that they couldn’t be the last of humanity, the most evolved organisms our sun has seen, nearly extinct. Scott, the older of them was always the sharper of the two and felt it was his duty to figure out a way to reverse engineer this virus and find a treatment while his brawny little brother would go out and scavenge food for the two at day and protect them from the beast by night, A constant cycle which went on daily in perfect harmony.

One day while Andrew was stalking for his prey he passed by an abandoned electronics store where he saw a god send, a radio, which he took home to show his brother. They now had a way to reaching out to any other survivors. Everyday at noon Scott would send out a distress call saying, “Hello, hello this is an emergency broadcast for all survivors. My name is Scott Connor and I’m a survivor, if you can hear this then trace it back here to my base of operations, please anybody, my brother and I are offering food, water and most of all protection.”

The brothers become inpatient as the only response they receive back is static. Lonely static which meant there pleads weren’t being heard, there tears weren’t being dried. All hope was lost and the wanting for life no longer alive, until static seemed to form broken down English. The two gathered around the radio and jerk the antenna’s as to find the signal. At long last other humans, other soldiers to fight the tedious. “Eghhhh, Andr…..ew Conn…r we have heard your calls….for…h…elp and will arrive…at your ba….se in two… as we…mus…t travel by day.” And just like that there life line and only connection to other humans was gone. Now they knew that life was worth living.

The days passed and a random banging of there door occurred. Andrew grabbed his riffle though he knew who it was. As the rusty door slid it screeched an unwelcome sound and sunlight burned his face as he had not seen it for several months. The two men greeted each other as if they been friends for years yet neither lived in the same state. As the two started to become acquainted they couldn’t but notice the awkward silence. As he took him to the lab the feeling that they weren’t alone came clear as a darkly figure appeared in the distance. “Scott is that you?!” Andrew screamed. The figure came closer and then the men saw there were two.

The snarling figures went from curious to aggressive and fervently attacked. Andrew and the other man drew there automatic riffles and without any second thoughts fired an entire clip into the beasts. And as the bodies slowly trembled, one to its knees, a tear ran down Andrew’s war torn face. One of the beasts was his brother which had been bitten by one of the monsters he was testing his cure on and contracted the virus. His brother no longer was himself but another, one which Andrew no longer recognized as man and as it crawled towards Andrew he made a decision that would haunt him forever. He strangled the one they once called Scott until he took his last breath.

The bitterness of his tears running into his mouth were those of no comparison to any ocean as one brother had to end another’s life. “I’m sorry I would have never fired if I knew he was your brother.” the man who still remained nameless said. They carried his body outside and made a makeshift grave and carved his name on an old piece of wood. They went back inside to gather his stuff and saw something saw miraculous neither could believe it. All five of his test subjects turned into humans which meant Scott had discovered the cure. One mere human being seemed to answer every question which had aroused us all and especially the one about man’s existence on this planet. Andrew released all five who were in some soft of coma state until being awaken ass all took large breaths.

Andrew gave them some old cloths, body armor, and weapons from his armory. He made a speech to the other six that would be burned into there minds which went like “I know most of you don’t know who each other or I am but soon we will become your family. My brother saved your lives while losing his own but indeed his loss will not be in vein as he has found the cure to this disease that has shattered mankind. From now on we are the resistance who shall rise against all that stand in our way and rid the planet of all beasts!” This message was broadcasted throughout the world to unite all who are left and inform them that there is and will forever be a cure.
Back to top Go down
Mamadou-Bah

Modern Fairy Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Fairy Tale   Modern Fairy Tale Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Mamadou Bah Period 7 April 30, 2009

“Goldilocks Three Bears: The Break In”

Once Upon time, there were Three Bears living in a mansion in the Hills. Their was Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Baby Bear. They lived somewhere outside of Los Angeles, California. Then one day Baby Bear came from school being very hungry as usual, so then he asked his mom what’s for lunch, she replied chicken noodle soup, but I’m afraid it’s too hot. Then Papa Bear came trudging in asking the same thing and got the same reply. So then Papa Bear said lets go out on a ride and maybe when we come back it would be cooled down.
So with everyone agreeing they went to their immense garage where three cars where parked. The first on was the Hummer H2, the second was a Mercedes mid-sized sedan, and the third one was a Lamborghini. So they each hoped into their cars and where off to the mall for some shopping. On the way Papa Bear felt like he forgot to lock the door but continues to the mall anyway.
Meanwhile, Goldilocks is wandering around with a piece of paper in her hand. She stumbles upon the three little Bears’ mansion and she knocks on the door a few times. Then after a while she enters the house in search of who knows what. Then the first room she enters is the kitchen. Feeling hungry and looking at her favorite soup she goes to the big bowl of soup and one sip she burns her tongue and yells out too hot. Then she goes to the next bowl of soup but finds it too cold. Eventually she reaches the last bowl and tastes’ it and having the right temperature she eats it all.
Then the next place she staggers toward is the living room where there were three comfortable looking chairs. The largest one was too hard though and the medium size one was too soft and she barley got out of it. After that she tried the small one and it was just right. After a quick stop she gets off the chair and before she does it breaks in half. Feeling guilty she flees the seen and heads up the stairs.
After, the long trip up the stairs she unexpectedly felt fatigued. Luckily she stumbled upon a master bed room with three beds. Again their was a big, medium, and small bed. Then she kept on wondering why there was three of everything. But before she can solve that she climbed on the big bed but it was too hard. Afterward she tried the medium bed but it was too soft. At last she tried the small bed and quickly she fell asleep not knowing where she really was.
On the other hand the three Bears where coming home from the mall. Exhausted and hungry they went straight to the kitchen hoping the chicken noodle soup was cool now. Papa Bear went to his bowl and believed someone was eating his soup. At the same time Mama Bear yelled out someone was eating my soup. Lastly, Baby Bear cried out my soup is gone. Then they went to the living room trying to contemplate how this happened when Papa Bear noticed someone was lounging on his try and immediately Mama Bear noticed her chair as well. Then Baby Bear screamed someone broke my chair.
Then Papa Bear decide they should go to their room and check if anything was out of order. At the master bed room before they noticed their bed, Papa and Mama Bear noticed someone sleeping on Baby Bears bed. They yelled out who are you what are you doing in our house. Instantly Goldilocks was frightened and leapt out of the bed and started running for her life in the process she dropped her note. After Goldilocks left Papa Bear picked up the note and on it it read “Grandma you are invited to the wedding sincerely Goldilocks.” After reading the letter The Three Bears concluded that she probably by accident went to the wrong house because their neighbor had a mansion like theirs and she was an old lady. So still hungry they went to the kitchen to find something to eat.
The End
Back to top Go down
ricardo

ricardo

Modern Fairy Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Fairy Tale   Modern Fairy Tale Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Ricardo Taveras

Once upon a time, not to long ago in one of the five boroughs, there was the great God Father of the Sicilian mob who had an only son, heir who was about to come of age. So the Don sent round made men who should spray paint at every block where two roads met. And when the people came together he would call out, “My brugad of little Sicily you have given me years of respect but my time has come to pass how you say the torch. An extravagant diner and party will happen to where all big earners of my family are invited and no meat eaters or rats allowed, where my own flesh and blood, Capo di tutti capi, is gonna pick his comare.”

Now there was among the mobster’s of the Don’s family, one who had but one daughter, Bella, and as she was growing up her father thought that she ought to have someone to clock her. So he married again, a comare with two daughters, and his new comare, instead of caring for his daughter, thought only of her own and favored them in every way. She would give them beautiful dresses but none to her stepdaughter who had only to wear the wack clothes of the other two. The mobster’s daughter was set to do all the dirty work of the mansion. And no one took pity on her and she would go and cry at her mama’s grave at the Alpini cemetery where a little tree was sat.

You can imagine how excited they all were when they heard the Don’s announcement called out by the made men. "What shall we wear, mama; what shall we wear?" cried out the two daughters, and they all began talking about which dress should suit the one and what dress should suit the other, but when the father suggested that Bella should also have a dress they all cried out, "What, Bella’s going to the Don’s ball?! Why, look at her, she would only embarrass us all." And so her father stood shut.
Now when the night came for the party Bella had to help the two sisters to dress in their fine dresses and saw them drive off in the Bentley with her father and their mother. But she went to her own mother's grave, sat and cried. Suddenly as if someone was listening to her cries:

Tree o' mine, O tree o' me,
With my tears I've watered thee;
Make me a lady fair to see,
Dress me as splendid as can be.
And with that the little bird on the tree called out to her:
Bella, Bella, shake the tree,
Open the first nut that you see.
So Bella shook the tree and the first nut that fell she took up and opened, and what do you think she saw? A beautiful silk dress blue as the Hudson , all embroidered with stars, and two little lovely shoes made of shining copper. And when she had dressed herself the hazel tree opened and from it came a Maybach with chrome rims, with a chauffer to open the door. And as she drove away the little bird called out to her:
Be home, be home by midnight
Or else again you'll be a fright.

When Bella entered the club she was the loveliest of all the girls, and the Don’s son, who had been dancing with her stepsisters, would only dance with her. But as it came towards midnight Bella remembered what the little bird had told her and slipped away to her Maybach. And when the Don’s son missed her he went to the guards at the mansion door and told them to follow the car. But Bella when she saw this, called out:
Mist behind and light before,
Guide me to my father's door.
And when the he tried to follow her there came such a mist that they couldn't see their hands before their faces. So they couldn't find which way Bella went. When her father and stepmother and two sisters came home after the ball they could talk of nothing but the lovely lady: "Ah, if only you were there." said the sisters to Bella as she helped them to take off their fine dresses. "There was a most lovely lady with a dress like the heavens and shoes of bright copper, and the new God Father would dance with none but her; and when midnight came she disappeared and then he couldn’t find her. He is going to give a second party in the hope that she will come again. Perhaps she will not, and then we will have our chance."
When the time of the second royal ball came round the same thing happened as before; the sisters teased Bella, saying "Wouldn't you like to come with us?" and drove off again as before.
And Bella went again to the hazel tree over her mother's grave and cried:
Shiver and shake, dear little tree;
And then the little bird on the tree called out:
But this time she found a dress all golden brown like the earth embroidered with flowers, and her heels were made of silver and when the Escalade came from the tree, lo and behold, that was made of silver too, drawn by black rims and when Bella went to the ball the Don would dance with none but her; and when midnight came round she fled as before. But the Don, hoping to prevent her running away, had ordered the gangsters at the foot of the staircase to pour out honey on the stairs so that her shoes would stick in it. But Bella leaped from stair to stair and got away just in time, calling out as the soldiers tried to follow her:
Mist behind and light before,
Guide me to my father's door.
And when her sisters got home they told her once more of the beautiful lady that had come in a silver Escalade and silver heels and in a dress all embroidered with flowers: "Ah, wouldn't you have like to have been there?" said they.
Once again the Don gave a great party in the hope that his unknown beauty and future comare would come to it. All happened as before; as soon as the sisters had gone Bella went to the hazel tree over her mother's grave and called out:
Shiver and shake, dear little tree;
And then the little bird appeared and said:
And when she opened the nut in it was a dress of silk green as the sea with waves upon it, and her heels this time were made of gold; and when the stretch came out of the tree it was also made of gold. And as she drove off the little bird from the tree called out:
Be home, be home before midnight
Or else again you'll be a fright.
Now this time, when Bella came to the party, she was a eager to dance only with the Don as he with her, and so, when midnight came round, she had forgotten to leave till the clock began to strike, one -- two -- three -- four -- five -- six, -- and then she began to run away down the stairs as the clock struck eight -- nine -- ten. But the Don had told his gangsters to put tar on the lower steps of the stairs and as the clock struck eleven her shoes stuck in the tar, and when she jumped to the foot of the stairs one of her golden shoes was left behind, and just then the clock struck TWELVE, and the golden stretch disappeared, and the beautiful dress of Cinder Maid changed again into her ragged clothes and she had to run home with only one golden shoe.
You can imagine how excited the sister were when they came home and told Bella all about it, how that the beautiful lady had come in a golden stretch in a dress like the sea, with golden shoes, and how all had disappeared at midnight except the golden shoe. "Ah, wouldn't you have liked to have been there?" they blathered.
Now when the Don found out that he could not keep his comare or trace where she had gone he spoke to his father and showed him the golden shoe, and told him that he would never marry anyone but the girl who could wear that shoe. So the former Don, his father, ordered his made men to take round the golden shoe in a loubouton duffel bag and to go to every four corners where two streets met and scream out, "Let it be known that the Don is looking for the girl at the party that dropped this shoe don’t be a babbo and show yourself to the capo di tutti capi as to become his comare."
And when the made men came to the house of Bella’s father the eldest of her two stepsisters tried on the golden shoe, But it was much too small for her, as it was for every other lady that had tried it up to that time; but she went up into her room and with a sharp knife cut off one of her toes and part of her heel, and then fitted her foot into the shoe, and when she came down she shoed it to the gangsta, who sent a message to the palace saying that the lady had been found who could wear the golden shoe.
Thereupon the prince jumped at once upon his horse and rode to the house of Bella's father. But when he saw the stepsister with the golden shoe, "Ah," he said, "but this is not mia comare babbo."
"But," she said, "you promised to marry the one that could wear the golden shoe," And the prince could say nothing, but offered to take her in his Bentley to his father's mansion.. Now as they were riding towards the mansion her foot began to drip with blood, and the little bird from the hazel tree that had followed them called out:
Turn and peep, turn and peep,
There's blood within the shoe;
A bit is cut from off the heel
And a bit from off the toe.
And the Don looked down and saw the blood streaming from her shoe and then he knew that this was not his true bride, and he turned back to the house of Bella’s father; and then the second sister tried her chance; but when she found that her foot wouldn't fit the shoe she did the same as her sister, but all happed as before. The little bird called out:
Turn and peep, turn and peep,
There's blood within the shoe;
A bit is cut from off the heel
And a bit from off the toe.
And the prince took her back to her mother's house, and then he asked, "Have you no other daughter?" and the sisters cried out, "No, sir."
But the father said, "Yes, I have another daughter.
And the sisters cried out, "What!!! Bella she could not wear that shoe."
But the prince said, "She has a fair of try as you did." So the gangter went down to the kitchen and found Bella and when she saw her golden shoe she took it from him and put it on her foot, which it fitted exactly and then she took the other golden shoe from underneath the floorboards where she had hidden it and put that on too. Then the gangster knew that she was the true bride of his God Father and took her upstairs to where he was when he saw her face, he knew that she was the lady of his love. So he took her behind him into his bentley and as they drove to the mansion the little bird from the hazel tree cried out:
Some cut their heel, and some cut their toe,
But she sat by the fire who could wear the shoe.
She was that beauty with that bow
Which only the prince knew.
And so they were married and lived happy ever afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modern Fairy Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Fairy Tale   Modern Fairy Tale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Fairy Tale
Page 1 of 1