www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Always Use Transitions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making
Colombiankl

Always Use Transitions Empty
PostSubject: Always Use Transitions   Always Use Transitions Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Transitions are the sentences or words that aid readers in following the flow of your argument or point. Transitions can be used to:

Show contrast: Katie eats popcorn after school. In contrast, Brian eats cereal.
Elaborate: I love sneaking into movies. In addition, I try to steal candy while I'm there.
Provide an example: You can get many useful items at that store. For example, Patrick recently picked up a lava lamp and a bobblehead doll.
Show results: Manny ingested nothing but Red Bull and burgers everyday day for a month. AS a result, he gained ten pounds.
Show sequence: The police arrested Bob at the party. Soon after, Harvard rescinded Bob's acceptance, and eventually Bob drifted into a life of crime.

Come up with five sentences of your own, each one of which uses one of the kinds of transitions explained above.
Back to top Go down

Always Use Transitions
Page 1 of 1