www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Never do your homework ten minutes before class

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making
Colombiankl

Never do your homework ten minutes before class Empty
PostSubject: Never do your homework ten minutes before class   Never do your homework ten minutes before class Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Suppose you've been hired to write a book called The Secrets of Brilliant Students. Write 2 sample paragraphs from this book.
Back to top Go down
MrHero
Co-admin

PostSubject: "Golden Rules"   Never do your homework ten minutes before class Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:14 pm

There are two golden rules when it comes to school. First, is "Time Management". We all want to live the life of a normal kid, especially since we are in honors. However, at times our homework can get in the way of this. I know from my experiences the I could easily receive ten paragraphs of writing for homework, because of this I don't get much time to play or to live my life, so here is my suggestion. Find a good schedule for doing your homework in school. This will let you enjoy your day after school while still getting good grades. For example, you can do your World History homework during Spanish class, Math homework in World History, Biology homework during Math Class and so on.
Once you master the art of time management, you can move on to the harder studies such as, "Passing Tests: The Smart Way". Usually, there are two kinds of test takers. Those who cheat and those who don't. For those who don't cheat I suggest that you can study a bit each day so you don't have to cram in one night. Also, use your knowledge of the teacher to predict what types of questions will be on the test. This can help you study more efficiently and effectively. For those students who are too good to study on their own, you will probably be copying your answers off the ones who have studied. Some tips for you are to have a keen eye of the room during a test and be sure you can see all variables in the room such as teachers and other students who would squeal on you. Also, be sure the person you are copying of of is a reliable resource. By following a few of my tips, I am positive that your grades and test scores will rise.

Last edited by MrHero on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CHRISTYINALOVE3

CHRISTYINALOVE3

PostSubject: Re: Never do your homework ten minutes before class   Never do your homework ten minutes before class Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Wanna be a golden student? You can be but there are two main, important and simple rules to follow. Number one, being able to manage your time. Time management is an important skill you need. If you are able to organize your time wisely, then you will have no problem at all. If you don't know how to manage your time wisely, then you'll be all messed up and your grades will to. Good time means good grades. With good grades and your time is organized, you qill be a golden member of the good students club.

Another tip is to start projects early. Supposedly you get assigned a project on Monday. The project is then due three weeks after. My suggestion, get a head start on it. The faster you get to your project and start working on it, the quicker you will get done and be free. Unlike other people, they wait until the last minute to get the project started. If its an easy project, why procrastinate while you can finish the project. On the day it's due, put your final touches and voila, you have an A+ project.
Back to top Go down
taco

PostSubject: Re: Never do your homework ten minutes before class   Never do your homework ten minutes before class Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Being a brilliant student is actually not all that hard, it just takes practice and mainly logic. Every student has experienced "the day before a test" which is usually described as the day in which you do not do anything at all, just study. Instead of irritating your eyes at 1:00 AM, study approximately 30 minutes every day, go over the work that your teacher has assigned. Let's face it, it does sound logical, yet most students out ther will opt not to to this, which results in a bad test grade. It's much more efficient studying a little bit every day than studying five hours a single day, the point of a test is not so you could study everything at one point and pass the test, the point of a test is to keep you alert and make sure you are always studying.
Students tend to procrastinate a lot, specially when a project is right around the corner. Since we are given a due date, we figure that we will start it the weekend before it is due. It may work sometimes, but at other times this plan fails miserably. For instance, say George has a project due Tuesday April 26th, so he decides to start his project the weekend before. Even though he has made some progress, he still has well over half the project to go. To make things worse, on Monday he receives about fours hours worth of homework, has a soccer game, and another project to worry about for Friday. George can either do all of his homework or do his project, he cannot do both. Either way it's a lose or lose situation for George, had he worked on his project little by little, he would have been a key player in his soccer game, earned an A in his project, and done all of his homework
Back to top Go down
drzchula

drzchula

PostSubject:    Never do your homework ten minutes before class Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Golden Rules? yes, golden rules. These are the ones that are really important for you to be a brillian student. I could bet all of us want to be brilliant students. If you read and perform the rules,being a brilliant student wont be so hard at the end. I will give you some rules. First of all always do your homework the day is assinged. From personal experience i know that if you dont do your homework the same day is assigned you will get behind. Also, too much homework is going to get together, and so then you ll never do it because you say is too much or that you dont have time to complete it. So its not a good way to start, school, mostly when your planning to be a brilliant student.

Rule #2, is to always plan your days. If you dont your not going to have no life at all. I dont mean to exactly sit down and actually make an schedule. But time yourself. It will make your life at lot easier. For example lets say you get home at 2:50, and so you relax etc you start homework at 3: 45. Its good timing your self, at least like that you wont be late for what you got to do. After done with homework you got the rest of the day free. And no worrries about homework. I know for sure it doesnt sound easy but you could make it easy. And be sure this would help you to be a brilliant student.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never do your homework ten minutes before class   Never do your homework ten minutes before class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never do your homework ten minutes before class
Page 1 of 1